Monday, April 12, 2010

T-Shirts

I set myself a little project during the time I had off from college last week. I find it really difficult to paint on fabrics as the liquid doesn't flow, it seems lifeless, dead. I decided to try and get better at this as I'm sure it'll come in handy and along with that, make myself some really cheap t-shirts so I don't have to buy some for a while.
I used heavy acrylics I bought a while ago and some textile medium so the image has a gloss and won't wash out.
The shirts are dyed an off white with some other colours going through it but you can't really see it in the photos.
Just for note, they're both XL, the only size worth wearing. The bigger the shirt, the more comfortable.

It was nice to do some work that's usually frowned upon by my lecturers but it was stopped dead after three shirts due to breaking my hand and thus being left unable to paint. Here's two of the shirts that I did do, it's Ezra Pound and Son House as they featured heavily during that week for me.



Needs an iron.



This post is so I can be reminded to come back and continue this once I can use my painting hand again and to seek some kind of advice, any kind of helpful criticisms people want to throw my way, I think I find all criticisms helpful, just maybe not all healthy. I'll post more when I do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment